10-09-2005, 10:57 #1
Forum Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING
In an effort to curb a great amount of posts on creating styles of “Ninjutsu”, there are some new rules in this forum that need to be addressed.
1. Before proclaiming that you are creating a style of Ninjutsu, be aware that your credentials will be questioned. To prevent a very large thread of back-and-forth bickering, save us the trouble and let us know your martial arts background ahead of time with your initial post. If a thread is created without this, you have 24 hours to do so or the thread will be locked. This does not mean it is acceptable to create another thread and start over.
2. On the topic of history: Get your facts in order before coming on the thread with outlandish ideas of bunk history lessons. A good number of people on this forum have spent a great amount of time researching the history of Ninpo and the like. We’ve got a pretty good handle on it. Please save fairy tales for your kids.
3. Expect some eyebrows to perk and some resistance when you say that you’re going to create a martial art, much less a Ninjutsu art. In the several years that this forum has been around we’ve seen it all. Understand that you are essentially putting yourself on the chopping block with such claims. Warm welcomes are probably not going to happen.
Now that I more time to devote to this forum, things are going to change significantly. Some other things to consider before posting on this forum:
1. There are a lot of years of training and experience on this forum. If a question is asked that you aren’t sure the answer to, let it pass you up. It’s not an opportunity to show the world how much (or little) you know and it wastes the time of the person truly looking for guidance.
2. Joking is fine, ribbing is great…however if in the bulk of your posts, there are 15 places where the cursing filter has edited, you’re going to have issues with me.
3. There is a button where you can report posts that you think are offensive. I would also ask people to start using this if they see a post that doesn’t add up so it can be addressed. I don’t live at my computer (I swear!), so literally pages of arguing posts can be done until I have a chance to see them. Nip things in the bud.
Hopefully we can turn this forum around. For a number of people around the world, Budoseek’s Ninpo forum has turned into a mockery and a laugh fest. I want this changed. It will be changed.
Last edited by Jay Bell; 10-09-2005 at 11:11.
Signum Pacis Amor
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem
Member, Inter-Galactic Martial Arts Hall of Fame and Sokeship Council