Name
    Barry A. McConnell
    Martial Art
    Arnis, Hapkido (retired)
    Blog Entries

Default RIP Master Robert Quinn

The Modern Arnis world lost a valuable member yesterday when Robert Quinn passed away suddenly.

Bobby was a kind soul who always made you smile whatever was happening. He was a quiet sort who let his skill on the mat do all his talking. How many people can say they trained personally with GM Ed Parker and GM Remy Presas (not seminars but one on one training)?

Bobby moved from New England to Atlanta at the request of GM Presas and has been the prime seminar host in Modern Arnis in the Southeast for years.

He will be missed by many in the Modern Arnis community. The only consolation is that he can now touch sticks with GM Presas once more.
    Barry McConnell

We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts - not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

Name
    Brian R. VanCise
    Martial Art
    Instinctive Response Training

Bob rest in peace and my condolences to all his family members.

Name
    Danny Lee Anderson
    Martial Art
    Karate, Kongsu, Modern Arnis 80, Masid Arnis 80, Balintawak escrima

Bobby Quinn was one of a kind. he was a good friend and martial artist. He was one of the very few people I knew who could take any kind of situation and find or make a positive out of it. I will miss him.

Yours,
    Dan Anderson
    "Don't ever under estimate the predictability of stupidity."
    "Bullet Proof" Tony

visit my website at danandersonkarate.com

Name
    Robert Quinn Jr.
    Martial Art
    None currently

I, on behalf of all his kids, would like to thank you guys for the kind words and your prayers. I always thought that the wealth of a man consists not of what he has, but the quality of his friends. In my father's case, he was indeed a rich man.

Name
    Barry A. McConnell
    Martial Art
    Arnis, Hapkido (retired)
    Blog Entries

Robert, Your father was indeed a rich man in all the important things. He was surrounded by people who loved and admired him. It is the world that is so much poorer for the loss of him.
    Barry McConnell

We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts - not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    - Thomas Jefferson

"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." - George Orwell

Name
    Robert Quinn Jr.
    Martial Art
    None currently

Thank you Barry. It's kind of wierd. I'm more use to saying things like that than replying to them.