Name
    Gary Novak
    Martial Art
    Modern Arnis

Default Going to try out an Arnis school

I'm going to be trying out a school that teaches Modern Arnis that I found locally near Homer Glen, IL. The school is called Modern Arnis Academy and the instructor is named Ken Smith who was one of the people given the title of Master of Tapi Tapi. I checked this through whatever sources I was able to find but was wondering if anyone here studies there or has had experience with Ken Smith and had any opinions of him.

cantankerous curmudgeon sean_stonehart's Avatar
    Name
    Sean Stonehart
    Martial Art
    Maht Jhong Lama Pai
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sekushii View Post
    I'm going to be trying out a school that teaches Modern Arnis that I found locally near Homer Glen, IL. The school is called Modern Arnis Academy and the instructor is named Ken Smith who was one of the people given the title of Master of Tapi Tapi. I checked this through whatever sources I was able to find but was wondering if anyone here studies there or has had experience with Ken Smith and had any opinions of him.
    I have 0 experience with him, but I've heard his name recently & is from what I heard, the real deal.

Go see & feel... best way to get info.
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Name
    Brian E. Johns
    Martial Art
    Modern Arnis and Cooper Vee Jitsu Ryu

It's been awhile since I've been on this forum. I've known Master Ken Smith since 1998 and he's an incredibly talented martial artist. He's the real deal. Have you checked him out? You'll learn sticks and pressure points from him. I'll be at his school for a camp in the 2nd weekend of October. Highly recommended.

Regards,
    Brian