Administrator and Benevolent Dictator Webmaster's Avatar
    Name
    Robert Carver
    Martial Art
    Jujutsu, Judo, Shorinryu Karatedo
    Blog Entries

Default Egypt plans 'farewell intercourse law'

So how's that Arab Spring thing working out for you Egypt?

First we have the Afghans having sex with little boys and now the Egyptians are practicing necrophilia. Islam at it's very finest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...TER-death.html
    Robert M. Carver
    Administrator, Benevolent Dictator & Bodhisattva
    BudoSeek! Martial Arts Community

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

“In a time of universal deceit – telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

"A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject."

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." Gerald Ford in a Presidential address to a joint session of Congress (12 August 1974)

Super Moderator Tripitaka of AA's Avatar
    Name
    David Noble
    Martial Art
    Shorinji Kempo

On face value, a horrific and disturbing story. Legalised necrophilia, because the clerics say it's OK... but, as ever with journalism, there is some murky origin to the story and the headline may not be what it looks like. I can't tell what is really going on, who is really asking for what, or why they really want it.

But after a few minutes thinking outside the "crazy Islamic Medieval fundamentalist sheep-shagger" stereotype, I came up with some scenarios that could, at a stretch, come under this description.

Coma Baby - Pregnant woman in a coma after a Road Traffic Accident gives birth to healthy baby.

Coma Baby #2 - Dad in a coma, Mum wants to use his sperm to create an IVF baby. This has happened in the UK if I recall correctly.

Coma Baby #3 - What if a husband whose wife was in a coma, decided he wanted to impregnate her using IVF techniques, to father a child with his loved one? It hasn't happened yet to my knowledge, but ought the Ethics people be considering the possibility in advance.

There are interpretations of these situations that would come under some people's definitions of "Necrophilia". Not mine, but I can see there might be people who might see a line that cannot be crossed.

On the other hand, the News story may in fact be referring to a loony stiff-molesting weirdo who wants to have one more crack at the Mrs before the lid is nailed down. I can't see me delving too deeply into the story to find out more. Egypt can keep its Mummies wrapped up.
    David Noble
    Shorinji Kempo (1983 - 1988) Retired

The lone Kenshi beats the giant drum, increasing in tempo as he builds to a crescendo - "Yaaaaah!" - Bang!...
    Rei, naore. Time to begin.

Name
    Joseph James
    Martial Art
    Tang Soo Do

I don't believe this nonsense, all I will say is shame on anyone trying to post this sensationalism before they do any credible research on the matter... that includes webmasters.

Name
    Russ Ebert
    Martial Art
    Anything that ends with a 'Jutsu.
    Blog Entries

So have you done any research that says that it's false?
    Russ Ebert
    The narcissism of small differences is especially true in the martial arts.

Name
    Robert Carver
    Martial Art
    Blog Entries

Since this thread was made nearly two weeks ago, there is indeed reason to suspect that the original story is no longer accurate. At the time, it was reported in numerous credible media sites. I did my research Joseph, so kiss my ass.

Never the less, just the fact that this law was allegedly proposed says a lot about a people and culture with regard to their treatment of women, sexual deviance and other things that we in the West would find offensive. There is no doubt that women in Muslim cultures are treated worse than farm animals and that sodomizing little boys in Afghanistan and throughout the Muslim world is the norm. This, honor killings, cutting the nose off women for disobeying their husbands, and many more examples of their cultural debasing of women as lower than dirt, makes stories like the "farewell intercourse" law that much more believable. It would not be surprising to learn that this law was indeed proposed and what we are seeing in some media to disavow it is nothing more than PR damage control.
    Robert M. Carver

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

“In a time of universal deceit – telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” - George Orwell

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have." Gerald Ford in a Presidential address to a joint session of Congress (12 August 1974)

Name
    Jonathan Randall Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
    Since this thread was made nearly two weeks ago, there is indeed reason to suspect that the original story is no longer accurate. At the time, it was reported in numerous credible media sites. I did my research Joseph, so kiss my ass.

Never the less, just the fact that this law was allegedly proposed says a lot about a people and culture with regard to their treatment of women, sexual deviance and other things that we in the West would find offensive. There is no doubt that women in Muslim cultures are treated worse than farm animals and that sodomizing little boys in Afghanistan and throughout the Muslim world is the norm. This, honor killings, cutting the nose off women for disobeying their husbands, and many more examples of their cultural debasing of women as lower than dirt, makes stories like the "farewell intercourse" law that much more believable. It would not be surprising to learn that this law was indeed proposed and what we are seeing in some media to disavow it is nothing more than PR damage control.
    Yes, and the gist of your OP, that "The Arab Spring" has been an unmitigated disaster is correct. Egypt is descending into chaos, Libya is a basket case, Syria is in the midst of self-destruction, etc.

The late Ambassador, Jean Kirkpatrick stated time and time again that in societies with little tradition of democracy, it takes decades for a democratic culture to flourish. Unfortunately, so many believe it is a quick fix, panacea. We (the U.S.) may be a relatively new nation, but it took us centuries, and a momentous civil war, after Plymouth Rock to get it working for ourselves.

Name
    Erik Michaels
    Martial Art
    The older I get, the tougher I was.

Why is there even a discussion about a law? Is it illegal in Egypt to screw a dead body? Disgusting, yes, but why would this even involve legislation, real it hoax?

Name
    Joseph James
    Martial Art
    Tang Soo Do

Quote Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post

No thats not right, it does not say anything about the people and the culture, and neither does it say anything about the Muslim faith. Your making generalizations that have no basis in any teachings. By your own logic, the sheer volume of child abuse that has gone on in the Catholic church, and numerous cover ups by the police and by the clergy the same applies to Christianity and any nation that has a a majority practicing that faith. Giving examples of what has gone on in the Arab world does not prove your point. I could give you just as many examples of people carrying out equally disturbing and unlawfull things in the name of Christianity, or justice in the western world. Do I have to remind you about the IRA bombings in Ireland and England, the tit for tat murders carried out between Irish Christians and Irish Protestants, what does that say about us, does it say anything about us? Is it right that because of a few small minded individuals its reason enough to brand the western nations as murderers, child abusers, and criminals because we share the same faith? What about the abuse of prisoners in American jails, what about high school killing sprees...do I need to go on?

This thread is possibly one of the most offensive I've read in a long time, and anyone would forgive me for thinking that the only reason this thread was started was to stir up hatred and animosity towards Muslim and the arab world. The martial arts world teaches respect I dont see any respect being shown here.
    Last edited by Yeong-gug-in; 05-07-2012 at 12:50.

Name
    Robert Carver
    Martial Art
    Blog Entries

Joseph, aren't you the one that used a set of kanji as their avatar and then had to ask what it meant in their very first post? I can't believe that anyone would use a set of kanji without knowing what they meant. Where was your research? Maybe those kanji really mean 'I have tiny balls'. Using them without knowing what they meant certainly shows you have a tiny brain.

I actually don't give a crap if you are offended or not. If you don't like it, you can not read the thread or you can go elsewhere.

Finally, I'll be damned if you are going to lecture me on my own website. I would have happily debated this topic with you, but for some reason you decided to use your first post of this thread and attack me. You have also called me a racist without knowing anything about me, and those that do, know I am not a racist. You've earned yourself a short little vacation.
    Robert M. Carver

Name
    Jonathan Randall Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Yeong-gug-in View Post
    No thats not right, it does not say anything about the people and the culture, and neither does it say anything about the Muslim faith. Your making generalizations that have no basis in any teachings. By your own logic, the sheer volume of child abuse that has gone on in the Catholic church, and numerous cover ups by the police and by the clergy the same applies to Christianity and any nation that has a a majority practicing that faith. Giving examples of what has gone on in the Arab world does not prove your point. I could give you just as many examples of people carrying out equally disturbing and unlawfull things in the name of Christianity, or justice in the western world. Do I have to remind you about the IRA bombings in Ireland and England, the tit for tat murders carried out between Irish Christians and Irish Protestants, what does that say about us, does it say anything about us? Is it right that because of a few small minded individuals its reason enough to brand the western nations as murderers, child abusers, and criminals because we share the same faith? What about the abuse of prisoners in American jails, what about high school killing sprees...do I need to go on?

This thread is possibly one of the most offensive I've read in a long time, and anyone would forgive me for thinking that the only reason this thread was started was to stir up hatred and animosity towards Muslim and the arab world. The martial arts world teaches respect I dont see any respect being shown here.
    There is a difference between abuses being aberrations and abuses being systemic. There is no question that there have been priest scandals in the Catholic church. Shameful, but the victims have recourse to law. Also, this sort of abuse has always occurred. You are too young to know this from personal experience, but a victim of sexual abuse 35-40 years ago did not have the options they have today - whether that abuse came from a neighborhood pedophile, a scoutmaster, a swimming coach or a Catholic priest. We now recognize that such things occur and we believe and protect victims.

There is a momentous difference between a nation with pockets of extremism and ignorance and bad behavior and nations - and I use the term loosely when speaking about places like Afghanistan - defined by them.

Also, there was no call for such accusations on your part. I've had violent disagreements with the Webmaster and others on this board - but I have never felt the need to sling names at them and lecture them upon morality. Also, as you are invoking dojo etiquette, since when has it been okay to go into another's dojo and sling names and treat seniors with gross, unprovoked disrespect?

The Islamic world has some very, very real and pressing problems. Avoiding discussing them for fear of offending, or appearing racist, is, imho, a very dangerous course of action. Heck, we discuss our own shortcomings ad nauseum.