Thread: ITF Competition Questions
09-10-2004, 17:55 #1
ITF Competition Questions
I have no personal experience with ITF style sparring so I thought I'd ask some questions to any ITFer's out there.
1) Can you make contact the face with a hand technique? Or will you get a point for getting close? Does it have to be open hand?
2) How common is it for someone to score a point from a "perfect" block?
3) Are points electronicly scored at tournaments? (Judges have clickers)
Also, links to ITF sparring videos would be great.John Truong
09-11-2004, 01:22 #2
Answers to your questions...
1. Controlled contact if any...without contact, it must be very close and uncontested by the opponent. Show the judges you could have blasted him and you will be credited.
2. THe perfect block, not an every match kind of happening, but far from unheard of...
3. Unfortunantely, there are so many ITF's that it just depends on the event and the host...generally, there are four corner judges and the official. POints will probably be marked on individual score sheets which will be counted by the official after the bout...
4. Sorry, I cant help you with a link, but i'll ask around!
Best of luck and welcome to the world of Chang Hon Taekwon-Do